Wednesday 26 December 2018

Having a good year or a bad year - Should it really matter?

So we are nearly coming to the end of 2018. You'll probably find a lot of people asking what do you think of 2018? Your answers would either be your best year, your worst year or just ok.

As for me, I had a couple of highlights to be blessed with along with a couple of lows. But there was one day when I was thinking about the highs and lows that have happened so far during 2018 along with things to look forward to that are bound to the highlights of 2018 and I suddenly thought to myself "Why I am worrying about having a good year or a bad year?"

That was when it comes clear to me on what I should be really be doing; I should take everything as it is, whenever it's good or bad. It all comes and goes yet we learn and experience anything each and every time; making the most of anything that makes me happy and letting go on on the hard times.

So for now on, I'll be taking the year as it is, just by rejoicing whatever I'm blessed with to remind myself to be grateful in life and work on the difficulties that I happened to be experiencing until it worked out for the better.

I admit, I guess that part of this mindset comes from when there was a particular year 2016 when I constantly saw people posting on social media saying that year is the worst with its doom and gloom, much to my chagrin. Don't get me wrong, I do understand and sympathize on how some people have it bad here and there (with me trying my best to help them out) along with the difficulties that have happened that year involving stuff like politics and equality but I guess that I happened to focus on the good that have happened to me during 2016 including Pokemon Sun and Moon, Busted tour and Night Driver album, meet up with my internet friends,  Miitomo and Pokemon Go and it doesn't makes it easier for me to see people saying otherwise when I'm trying to have a good year. Guess with me being autistic, I receive a lot of vibe from negativity. Again, I get that there's no turning a bind eye to what's happening in the world but I say that we should only be informed by them without letting them define that year along with our perspective in life. I guess all of this reminded me to focus on what I'm blessed with. Too often, we get cynical when bad things happen.

But hear me out, I've too been through some rough moments throughout the years. I have to cope with rowdy classrooms at High School, my Guinea Pig Romeo have to be put to sleep, have to put up with rowdy college students, having to go through all the drama from the toxic Mcfly fanbase (especially involving McBusted) and so fourth. But now I have gone through all of this, I am arguably in a much better position in life, trying my best to have a more positive mindset and outlook in life. Of course, I am still going through some difficulties in life but I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't experienced all of this, growing a lot. I'm trying to be the better person then I have been.

But there is only one thing that allows us on how we define a year; ourselves. Whatever we're going through rough periods in life or facing anything unfavorable in life, we have to deal with them with resilience, take action, allow ourselves to be surrounded by those who provide you positivity and love who will do a lot for you to get through life and focus on getting your life back together. And whenever we're happened to be blessed with something or having the time of your life, we have to make the most of it, using these moments to remind you the good in life, smile that it happened and never take them for granted.

Either way, we learn from both experience. Life isn't always easy but it's good to take the year as it is whenever we're thankful in life, need to let things go, face whatever coming in our way with resilience, being there for others whenever they're at their lowest, very best or cheering them on whenever they have accomplished and something and moving forward with our hopes and dreams.

That said, there are a lot of stuff I'm looking forward to for 2019 including Danny Jones' solo album, Busted's Half Way there tour, Book 3 for Fire Emblem Heroes and the next generation of Pokemon, reminding myself on what is there to look forward to.

Of course, I'll be taking the year as it is whenever I'm making the most of whatever I happened to rejoice and work on whatever difficulty I'm facing. That way, I can live and focus for the moment in the period of my lifetime without worrying on having a good year or a bad year as it's merely a number of days in my lifetime.

Regardless, hope you all have a good year with best wishes for the new year. Be your true self, be humble, be grateful, be happy, be resilient, be kind, be passionate, be awesome.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome,thank you for sharing your thoughts. Wishing you a wonderful year in 2019. (virtual hugs) xx Carrie

    ReplyDelete