Thursday 26 August 2021

Good vibes only or All vibes welcome? My personal take

Some say "Good vibes only", others say "All vibes welcome". Here's my take on them. Understandably, whilst it's good to have good vibes, it's just as important to allow all vibes, not just the good vibes as only allowing good vibes would invalidate people who are not feeling good if they're going through rough times as some would call it toxic positively so by allowing all vibes would again help their feelings to be accepted rather than 'cheer up' or 'snap out of it' (which I would say low effort positively).

However, I would like to propose something that may or may not be forgotten. Just because you allow all vibes, this should not mean that you should allow someone who takes advantage of you, treat you or others like garbage or bring you down with their toxic negative vibes. Whilst some may have a reason not to be positive, they are still responsible for their actions and their toxic negatively will have an effect on others especially if they make no effort to use practical solutions or get help to overcome their problem. So there are times when you have to draw a line and cut off from those bad vibes for your own self worth. Don't get me wrong, I get that some may go through a storm including myself but only we can make our own choices to resolve them for the better as we would weigh others down overtime.
 
I've become critical over the last few years on where to focus my vibes if it's worth my time and mental health. As I am aware of course, there are things that I can't take a blind eye to news and other content including on social media but only if they inspire me, make me happy and if I have anything that I can respond to a meaningful cause within my control whereas if I detect meaningless drama and negativity, I should consider if those vibes are worth investing in.

So I say it's good to allow all vibes but only if they're legitimate and not toxic where it's still good to have good vibes to not only make you feel good but others around you if they're feeling anything but good, giving them a reason to keep going (by reaching out and helping them along the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment