Friday 29 March 2019

Why I do my best to maintain a positive outlook on life (and how I do it)

Just wanted to share my thoughts on why I try my best to maintain a positive outlook and attitude in life.

It got started when I was browsing on Facebook, constantly seeing posts about politics and its negativity as shared by others (a topic that I'm personally not comfortable with without going into detail). It might have something to do with my autism but it got to the point when I got fed up seeing those kind of posts and thought that I needed a change of pace so I've looked up on pages that focus on positivity including news, quotes and other novitiates.

From there, I've began scrolling down and reading inspiring quotes that have been said by people who have grown throughout here and there, passing down their wisdom, helping to provide some postitivity on social media. As I read and learn from them, I become inspired myself and adapted my outlook on life based on most of these quotes. This have helped me to change my outlook on life with a more positive mentally comparing to the past when I wasn't always as positive (but I guess this have helped me to grow looking back).

One of them is Power of Positivity which you can find many positive quotes from its Facebook page here. Many of them of which you'll find are inspiring and deep, better than some low effort or snappier sayings including "Snap out of it" or "Get over it" (as much as the McBusted song is awesome). Here,  you can look them up and pick ones that suits you best or use your own initiative to adapt them to your own needs.

The site itself also have articles that can help to provide various advice including with heath, relationships and mentality (some of which have their quotes, relating to the article). Whilst it's not intended to be a professional site (as it outright explains), they should hopefully help out to at least give some ideas for some extent and again, it's up to you if they fit your needs with common sense.

The other site to mention is Little Things which also have some heartwarming news for most part (something of which I say should be the kind of news that should be shown more often).

Whilst I've find many great quotes here and there, there are times when I notice that some people would suggest otherwise. I get that not everyone have to fully agree with them (even I find that I agree with some more than others) but those who outright disagree and bash them would probably need a better understanding and have accomplished the least.

I've also been getting some positive inspiration from various celebrities and Youtubers who provide some inspirational wisdom, idealist outlook and positive attitudes as they go through a lot including Danny Jones, Dan Howell, Caspar Lee, Thomas Sanders, Mark Millar, Andrew Neighbours, Mat Pat, Garret Watts, Alfie Deyes and Bryant Wood. Various fitness models have also shared some inspirational wisdom including ones involving growth, motivation and accomplishing goals which makes me look up to them (asides from their bodies) including Micheal Dean, Attila Toth, Jeff Sied, Quinn Biddle and Tanner Chidestar. Special mention goes to Stevie Blaine who provides body positivty which I can learn from too.

There are a few fictional characters who are often positive themselves (with positive traits including compassion and determination) and able to face what they're going through which I also admire such as Makoto from Dangaonronpa, Elise from Fire Emblem Fates, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Emmet from The Lego Movie, Spiderman, Sonic The Hedgehog, Ash Ketchum from Pokemon, Joy from Inside Out and Goku from DragonBall.

So what other reasons why I try my best to have an optimist attitude? Well I get that life isn't always easy or fair but by trying to have a positive attitude, it can help to take control of the situation rather than the situation controlling me, finding ways to deal or solve them as said by the quote by Steve Marabou "Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them."

I strive to help people going through rough times or talking about difficult situations as the voice of reason, often inspired by the positive quotes I've seen; helping them out with kindness, compassion, empathy, rationality and wisdom, giving them the reason to be positive while still showing concern (and not to brag but I've been told that it have helped them at times).  They are something that we all need more often to help to inspire others throughout this world no matter what they're going through, real life or online (something that have been said by Connor Franta himself in his book 'Note to Self'). Since after all, someone has to do it.

As I've said before, life is not always easy and even I have been through a lot with ups and downs, just like everyone else but by having a positive outlook, it can help to get through life and being a positive influence can help to inspire others who may go through a lot themselves. The meaning of life is to be happy as said by Dan Howell himself and we can all make the world a better place with everyone with positivity which is how life should be. 

Here are a few positive tips that I've come up with:

  • Focus on what are you grateful for and what are you blessed with, big or small, using positive words throughout. They can be something that you have, what you're looking forward to or what is going right including how nice the weather is, you have a close person looking after you, there's a video game that will be released soon or even the fact is that you have live for another day. 
  • Do what makes you happy that keeps you going like for me, video games, music from Mcfly, Busted, McBusted and video game music or my pets.
  • You are not alone and whenever you have something on your mind or having a hard time, make yourself open to help including counsellor or therapists. Even if you don't have access to either of them, then you have your close friends or family (real life or online) to provide all the therapy you need. Even if they may not be perfect, they'll do a lot for you to help to get through it. After all, we don't feel better as we isolate ourselves as said from the Disney movie Big Hero 6. 
  • We all make mistakes but try not to take them to personally. Learn from them to do better for the future.
  • Likewise, we all have set backs but always do your best and never give up. Sometimes, they lead to opportunities, making them blessing in disguise.  
  • Cut off anyone or anything that gives you stress including negativity and drama. 
  • Whenever you're not happy with something, strive yourself to change it rather than complaining and do nothing. Since nothing will change unless you take action and you deserve better. 
  • And of course, read positive quotes! 

I hope all of this have helped to inspire you and I'll end this article with this quote:


“Dear person reading this, I hope your day has being going well, if not, I hope it gets better. You are an amazing person who will inspire others to do great things so keep up with the hard work. I know you may feel unimportant or insecure at the moment but know that you are a beautiful human being inside, outside and you are important”

1 comment: