Thursday 14 February 2019

Jealously on Valentines' Day

Hi, if you are reading this, then I hope you are having a great Valentines' Day, celebrating the day with your loved one.

But if you happen to not to have any partners to celebrate the day with or have broken up, then you have my sympathies. However, I ask you to do one thing; don't get jealous at couples.

I understand that it's human nature to be jealous at seemingly lovely dosy couples but I find jealously petty, it's my least favourite quality. Remember that you are valid and worthy of being loved. I know that it's not easy to find a partner but you are not alone, a lot of people are single too including myself (though I have been in a relationship myself which wasn't meant to be but it was good while it lasted).

You have friends, family or pets that are part of your life so you are never alone. So even if you don't have a partner, you can spend the day with them or by yourself; doing the simple things you love doing best. And ultimately, love yourself. You are the best person you can possibly be so celebrate the day by loving yourself.

I've heard the saying "Don't compare yourself to others as you don't know their full story". So in this case, focus on what makes you unique, happy and loved. And remember that being in a relationships is not always sunshine and rainbows as they may show (including on social media from which I've heard that it's how a lot of people compare their own lives to others). It may take hard work and commitment to maintain a relationship which is not always easy plus couples as individuals may have gone through a lot themselves so they have the right to be happy too. Being jealous at couples that may be your close friends or family would be no better.

So in other words, don't judge them and focus on your own qualities. Let them be happy and don't give up on finding someone who will love you.

For those who happened to be couples celebrating the day, then I wish you all the best with many more hopes and dreams along with the happy memories yet to come.

Whenever you are single or are in a relationship, have a great Valentines Day and you are always worthy of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment